Sunday, October 22, 2017

Part 2: Week 7--Staying in NYC

We were able to go to the Temple with President last week. It helped me to find the answer I've been thinking and praying so hard about. President told me that as he was thinking about how our companionship has been doing well here and having many successes (pondering on where I should go), he learned of a new sister coming in from Hong Kong. He then told me, "Sister Wilcox, the Lord would have you to train this sister." The spirit was so strong when he related all of this to me. I will never forget it. I know that the Holy Ghost bears witness of truth, and I know that regardless of what happens, this is God's will for me right now. She is coming in next transfer! I love her already.

President Smith called President Lam, and they discussed everything. President Lam said, "She served her mission fully in Hong Kong. Now is her time to serve in New York. I'm happy for her to be where the Lord wants her!" They are both so awesome. I love them.

We gave out Book of Mormons and have had miracles! On streets and subways and in houses and hallways and parks.

Sister Lin and I almost trained a Taiwan visa waiter this transfer! We have a new trainee, Sister Ellsworth, in our apartment.

.........................................

Weekend Baptisms!

Dasiy and Lin DX's baptism was great. The members were supportive and brought lots of yummy food, too! They felt the spirit, and I loved hearing their simple and sincere testimonies. Daisy was the one I found on splits with Sister Jacobson. What joy it brings me to see her enter the waters of baptism, and to commit to follow Christ and accept Eternal Salvation (free... priceless)!

We kept thinking of Sister Li; we wanted to bring something for her baptism to help her feel as special as she is! The last moment before we traveled to the Lincoln Square Chapel for her baptism, an investigator called us. He said he had some sandwiches for us. We went to meet him, and found that his work had provided us with around 40 boxed sandwiches and two cases of fruit (however, we had never asked him to bring anything. He wanted to give something for the baptism that day). God provides through His awesome children!

Sister Li's baptism was so spiritual! The power of the lesson of the Restoration (even when listening to Chinese, if you do not know it.. there were English investigators who attended!) is so strong. You could feel it. I was full of so much joy that morning. Sister Li showed us a video of her son, flipping through pages of the chinese Children's Book of Mormon Storybook. They read it together every night! The gospel blesses families. She testifies of that now, too! What joy, to also see her learn and be baptized from start to finish.

Annie Zheng RC made it to the Temple for the first time! She did baptisms, and stayed for confirmations on her own free will. It was awesome, and a beautiful experience for all of us!

Sandy, a RC, has been meeting with us to read specific Book of Mormon stories with us and see the Storybook pictures that go along with it. It has been awesome to see her respond to our messages about these stories as well (she does not often respond, but she did when we showed her the story!). We have stayed a little after the lessons to help her with a bit of English (service!), and it has helped her to feel loved and to trust us more! Through inspired questions, she wants to introduce us to her friend Emily! We are excited to teach our referrals this week.

My companions are great. May we continue to lift, encourage, inspire, and bless one another and those around us.

Miracles. 很多的奇迹!

Alma 56:47-48

Sister Wilcox

韦姐妹

No comments:

Post a Comment