Saturday, December 2, 2017

Part 2: Week 13--New Area, New Responsibilities

Hello 你好 people of the world who I love!
Heavenly Father is so aware of each individual. I am now in New Rochelle which is an English speaking ward in Uptown New York! It is beautiful. A suburban city with lots of Hispanic and African American cultures (so the food is super good)!
We drive a car and there are christmas lights on a lot of the houses already! So exciting. We also have the Assistants to the Mission President in our ward and the Office Elders in our district, and some lovely Hermanas in our apartment. So many awesome missionaries around us who serve in different ways or with different responsibilities, but are all uplifting and hard workers!
We have been cooking awesome healthy things together, and are learning how to be good homemakers! And of course, setting a goal to run extra in the mornings! The weather is lovely here and the air is so fresh.
It is such a blessing to be in New Rochelle. It is suburban but still a bigger city. You can see the Manhattan skyline in the distance. The apartment is beautiful and clean and bright and peaceful. There are huge windows that look out to the city. We drive a car, and it was so peaceful driving through upstate to get here-- seeing all of the fall leaves.
Sister Au from Hong Kong will not be coming until next transfer; she is currently in the MTC!
The lovely sister in the photo accepted a baptismal invitation! We are so blessed to work with such cute, sweet people who have true desire to do good and to change. They really acknowledge Christ's light in their lives.
There are also a couple photos from last week in Manhattan. Some of the city near Grand central station, and the Chrysler Building. We also have some photos from our ward Thanksgiving party, which was a huge success, and I finally got to meet Sarah (our cute English class student)'s son Marcus. He is adorable and reminded me of Stephen!

.............
What a wonderful week to be in the New York New York North Mission!
Sister Christensen is exactly who I should be with right now. I feel so grateful for how happy and kind and loving she is. I have been able to feel the spirit so strongly as I've been here. I've been able to feel the sacredness of this mission and a true love for people.
We have already visited with a couple of sisters in New Rochelle, and one accepted the invitation to be baptized! I have felt so inspired and at peace. I am thankful to be able to visit with people and ask inspired questions, to teach with balance and unity with my companion, and to really be focused and involved with people. I love that our companionship uses technology as a tool for the work in a way that doesn't consume time or distract from people. I love the peace and cleanliness of the apartment. I am so grateful to have a love for missionary work and a spirit of peace in my heart. I know that this will be a great transfer. I am so excited to meet the members.
I really feel grateful for how aware Heavenly Father is of each of His children. I feel that this companionship is perfect for me where I am currently to grow and to love and improve as prepared to.
I was called as a Sister Training Leader! It will be such a learning and growing experience for me, and I'm thankful that Heavenly Father trusts me to love and watch out for a few of His Sister Missionaries who are so important to Him; to help love and lift as Christ would. It is humbling and heart-softening.
Day 1
https://www.mormon.org/christmas/25-ways-25-days/day-1
12-13 seconds on light the world !! I'm in the reflection, which is super cool/ a good memory, so I wanted to share!

It was really fun to be a part of. But more importantly (it's not about me)-- I would love for you to watch the Light the World videos. Each day is a different idea for service. Will you choose a day on the calendar and use one of their video/ideas to serve? Service softens our hearts; this Christmas, let's remember Christ and serve. I know that as you do so, you will feel peace in your hearts. You will more strongly feel His light in your life.
韦姐妹
Sister Wilcox
Have a great week!
(Chinese style Thanksgiving food! So funny).


































No comments:

Post a Comment