Saturday, February 10, 2018

Part 2: Week 23--Sister Wilcox and a burrito


"God knows your Tender Heart" 

Mamale is getting baptized two Sundays from now! We are so excited. We are fasting together today with her, so that she can truly feel that this is the right day for her and that she is prepared and ready. The Tun family is in Asia in their home country currently, but their young adult son is still here. He reads the book of mormon often and prays daily and we believe he will be a strength to his family to help them remember to read and pray together and to continue to learn. His cousin who served a mission at Temple Square and her testimony has a huge impact on him. 

Sister Au is doing well. The important things like teaching with the spirit and with unity are always good. We always really care about the investigators and members and how to help them progress or grow in faith. Also, we have been having more joy and laughing together more. I try to make conversations and stay positive and light-hearted about things to help us to feel uplifted as a companionship. She really cares about people, which is sweet and so evident. And she is genuine.

"That thought came from God." Tender mercies from Heaven that have helped me to feel hope in my life (Sister Neilson). A promise; each time I open the pages of the Book of Mormon, I feel His love. The Word of God allows us to draw closer to Him. I am so thankful. 
Reason called here. Someone I meet here will be able to find healing as I share my experiences. Lovely thoughts/ miracles that have come to me through leadership/ priesthood blessing this week.

I know that my Redeemer Lives. He lived and died for me, and he lived again. Through His sacrifice we can all overcome our weaknesses and be cleansed and become complete. Through Him, we can have hope and we can be saved; we can be with our families eternally.. And that is my greatest joy and hope. My family means everything to me. And I'm so thankful for my Savior and brother, Jesus Christ, who provided a way for us-- who continues to give us direction and walk with us on our path to eternal life. His love and and care and forgiveness mean everything to me. For Him, I am eternally grateful.

There have been lots of miracles this week. Like choosing to go to a building, and knock two doors. One person had been taught by the missionaries 10 years ago, the other in 1992. Today at the mall we found someone who took lessons from missionaries as a child and had fond memories of it! Their hearts are prepared. We were on the phone and a lady started walking past us on the stairs, and we quickly ended the conversation and ran after her all the way to her apartment. We both had the prompting to talk to her. We learned that her husband had become cancer free that very day and she invited us in to teach her. Sweet and special moments like these really build your faith. 

Thankful for Priesthood Blessings. Heavenly Father knows His children. Matthew 7:11 

.............................. ..

"Reverently and Meekly Now" Hymn!!

Alma 26: 26, 30, 37 Perhaps. Each soul. He is mindful of each individual. He is mindful of every people. 

Alma 31:34-35

"34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.

35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."

Their souls are precious. It is so great to help these individuals see their own divine worth and potential, as they choose to follow Christ and choose that gift of Eternal Life.


.............................. ..


韋姐妹
Sister A Wilcox







No comments:

Post a Comment