Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 3

Classes: Grandpa asked what our schedule is and how we learn the language. We sit in a small box of a classroom with one window all day. We start with gym, then personal study, then companion study, then language study, then class for hours, then additional study and planning. The classes are my favorite part of the day. The teachers are the most spiritual, fun, happy people with the best insights. I mainly learn the language from practicing sentence structures and memorizing commitment to baptism, purpose, etc. Once you learn the sentence structure, it's pretty easy to insert the words you've learned off of TALL (church computer language program) or the books.

Story: I ran into some friends from BYU when I was walking to the temple yesterday. It was so nice to see them. I told them, and now I'm telling you, this is the most spiritual, peaceful place on earth besides the temple. I love it so much. I love being able to take so much time developing Christ-like attributes and finding more and more each day how real this gospel is. It is the only way to be truly happy. Heavenly Father really does answer prayers and give revelation. I've experienced it here. If you live your life so that every decision you make is centered around Christ, you will feel the Holy Ghost so strongly that "your heart will swell." It really does feel so strong like that sometimes.

Some of the words and tones are really scary to get wrong. There is a word that the tones make you say either "Lord" or "pig." And the word "kaisih" means revelation and "keisih" means racism. Wouldn't it be great if in a lesson I said "If you pray to the Pig, you can receive racism"?

My friend who lived in Austria with me who recorded my mission call opening and is such a sweet spirit, is here in the MTC. She is going to Hungary. She played the piano for yesterday's devotional musical number and the whole building was silent. It was beautiful. Even the speaker mentioned how it filled the room with the spirit.

Ngoh ngoi ngohdeih deih keuiiii

Aunt Kim, you should watch the Patagonia Project, 180 Degrees South, or something like that. It is on Netflix. I would love to live somewhere like Patagonia.

Gospel: I love this scripture for the atonement: Alma 34:14-15. Neil L. Anderson spoke at a devotional and I love what he said. We all make sacrifices. This scripture tells us of He who made the greatest sacrifice. We must give something up to become something more. I also like D&C 45:3-5. "More Holiness Give Me" was the song I sang in the choir. I love every single line of that powerful song. Neil L. Anderson at the devotional reminded us that "Good roots do not grow with ease; the stronger the winds, the stronger the trees."

I think one of my favorite things I've learned recently is about meekness. I've been trying to develop Christ-like attributes. Meekness to me means not getting offended or annoyed or frustrated with people or things that happen by understanding that the only thing we need in life is the gospel. So long as we are doing the Father's will, we can remember that he knows our hearts and that nothing else matters.

"The future of your faith is not by chance but by CHOICE."

Sister Wilcox
Waih JiMuih

P.S. I invite those who are reading this to go to church this coming Sunday as a complete family. Then have a picnic somewhere afterwards. Nothing matters more than the family.

Our classroom

The Hong Kong flag

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing so well. Wendy and I love reading your posts, love you, and are praying for your success in the Lord's work. We are so happy for your decision to serve Him.

    ReplyDelete