Saturday, November 18, 2017

Part 2: Week 11---Living in Chinese NYC

Chinatown here is like being immersed in another country. Most people don't speak much English and the grocery stores and food is all authentic. They serve real authentic Chinese food here. The ward has many dialects including Fujinese and Cantonese. I spend a lot of time speaking Cantonese and Mandarin with my companion (and English, of course). We teach in Cantonese when necessary but stick to our mission language as often as possible and for studies.

We find people new every day and witness miracles. A lady on the subway teared up the other day when we were talking and asking inspired questions, and said that God answered her prayer through us. It was so sweet. We have another person who we found who adores expounding upon our beliefs and sharing his insights. It is really cool the miracles you find daily.

Our area is gaining more potential investigators day by day. We know that some of these sincere hearts will become new investigators, whether in Chinatown or another area, and are thankful for the opportunity to explore the city and meet new people interested in the Gospel day by day. We will try to find at the Universities soon, as well, and keep finding in new places.

Im so thankful for my mission president, President Smith. I'm so glad I can trust that he will have the right things to say. It reminds me of the talk, "Then Jesus beholding Him loved Him." He is so loving to his missionaries and always encourages us to be better. And he is guided by the Spirit to know what to say. I trust that and am thankful for that.

I love my family! You are all what brings a smile to my face when I need it.

................

I know that this Gospel is true. I cannot deny it. And I'm so thankful for that knowledge; it brings such comfort and peace at the times when you truly need it. It brings purpose and direction in the times when you think you don't.

Christ's grace is saving, and He is perfect. I'm thankful for Him.

Sister Wilcox
韦姐妹

Sometimes I wonder which country I'm in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment