Friday, January 5, 2018

Part 2: Week 18--Fun in the not so Sun!

What a week! Went on a split in Scarsdale. Saw some miracles. Love those sisters.

We were looking for a Less Active member and the only house number we couldn't find was hers; every other number was on the street. So I asked Sister Au which last house we should knock on before we left for district meeting, and she felt prompted to a particular door. In the house was a less active member from Scarsdale who was visiting her daughter's family, none of whom were members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints! The mom wanted us to come back and teach the family while she fellowshipped saying her daughter was going through some hard things, and that it was time for them to learn of the blessings of the Gospel! It was a miracle. And the woman was so touched and recognized that it was no coincidence either. This is the Lord's work!

One of our potential investigators also wanted us to pray for her friend in the hospital. We realized after we started to drive to meet her there, that he was in the Bronx (a little out of our area). So we quickly called the Kingsbridge Hermanas (who also have a new missionary in the companionship), and they were able to teach a bit of the restoration and eternal families to the wife of the man in the hospital and to our investigator! It was a little miracle for both them and us. I was so thankfuk for the faith of our investigator and for the comfort and peace the truth of the Gospel brings.

My new companion Sister Au is so sweet. I love her! When she first walked into the room where the trainees and trainers meet each other, I already knew who she was and how special she was to heavenly father and to me!

It is also really fun, because Sister Au knows Brother Smith (one of my MTC teachers who served in her ward Sha Tin). And I served in her ward for a day when I was in Hong Kong! She also knows Elder Love from my MTC district, and Elder Jensen who was in butterfly when I was in Tuen Mun and also served in her ward before. Her brother is good friends with Sister Tai, my Chinatown companion, and he also served/is good friends in Hong Kong with Brother Anderson who served in Tuen Men at the same time as me! Small world.
But most importantly, she has such a sweet personality and the spirit is with her. We have such joy in this sacred work!
.........................
Thankful to be a part of the Lord's work

I love New York and Hong Kong. Such lovely people, and serving is such a blessing. It has really refined and shaped my life. Truly. 

We found a bunch of new investigators last week! Hard work and staying organized does wonders! Also, there are a couple Chinese families, one who speaks Cantonese and the rest Mandarin. And of course, many English investigators!
.........................

I love and am so grateful for President Monson's service! Here are some of favorite teachings of his that our mission president sent out to us.

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
"The choices we make determine our destiny.”
"Our Savior is our map."
"Choose harder right, instead of easier wrong"

His final General Conference testimony - "My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

"Faithful and true, he will enter his kingdom, Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old...Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren; Death cannot conquer the hero again."

Oh the embrace with his mother, Nephi, Joseph, Moroni, Mormon, Gordon B. Hinckley,the widows he loved and served, his childhood friends, his missionaries, and most importantly being welcomed home by his Savior. The Plan of Salvation has been reveled through the Prophets and we know this to be true.  (President Smith sent this to us; so true! ^v)

What a blessing to have had President Nelson here so recently and to receive a witness that he truly is called of God.

So thankful to know that where I am and who I am serving/ serving with is called of God. It is the Lord's will. We will learn so much from each ohter! What a blessing and opportunity.
Sister Au is so sweet and an amazing missionary who relies on the spirit and teaches for understanding so well! I'm thankful for her kindness and happiness. I love her! 

I'm so thankful for the way this mission has helped to refine and shape my life. 

I hope to help people attend church as a companionship! Agency. We will continue to find those who are prepared and teach and love those who are most ready in order to help them keep commitments! The miracle family we found is so prepared! I know it! Faith and hope for our investigators. Future eternal families!

Sister Wilcox
韦姐妹

The pictures are of my new companion Sister Au and us looking out over the water (at an awesome beautiful quiet area that not many others know about according to a nice old man we met there), and the Hermanas and sister Christensen on the day she flew back to Utah!






No comments:

Post a Comment