Thursday, January 18, 2018

Part 2: Week 20--Yeah

My brother Stephen is going to be baptized by my brother David on January 21st! That is so special. 


The area is great. We are hitting the standards of excellence, and seeing people come unto Christ. Mamale and chong have baptismal dates so we hope to continue to have members fellowship and love them, and to help them read the bofm and grow their own testimony. Last week we all walked home together from church and Chong and Mamale said to each other, "See you next Sunday!" It was awesome to hear, and to see their genuine desire to come and to learn and to be a part of the ward.
On Monday we were on a split. Sister Neria came to New Rochelle and Sister Au went to Scarsdale. We saw many miracles and met many people whom desire to know more! Who were looking for something in their life (due to life changes, or hardships, or circumstances) and knew themselves that it wasn't a coincidence to meet.

We found the Tswana BofM for our investigator from Africa! It was a miracle / prompting from the spirit.

My companion is so sweet. She has so many strengths. I love her and continue to pray to love her even more. We've seen so many good things. She's taught me a lot! I just want her to be happy (through obedience and work and joy).

Testimony. I've grown a love for my studies everyday. I love the book of Mormon and the Bible. They bring me such peace. I learn so much and my soul is filled. I'm thankful for them.
Luke 12, Acts 16 (James 2:19 they know and tremble! Truth), John 14, 1 Thessalonians 1-2
Alma 5, Mormon 6

Miracle:  We found a man who was struggling with his faith in Jesus Christ because of past experiences he had had growing up. But he remembered the faith of his sweet mother. We testified and shared concepts from the plan of Salvation and also from the restoration. It really touched his heart and you could see his heart soften and his soul fill with light, in a way. We asked about his children and he told us he had a very close relationship with them, and that two of his daughters lived in Florida. One of the daughters just happens to live in the exact small hometown I'm from. And she has three children who are the same ages as my siblings. He told us that it would be good for missionaries to visit and build their faith and share a message with them. We requested for my family to help fellowship this family when we sent the referral. What a blessing.


Thomas Paine memorial in New Rochelle and Edgar Allen Poe went to Fordham University! So much rich history! 



很可愛的同伴!She is learning and growing everyday, and my vision for the future (what I hope I can instill in her heart as a trainer) is a deep love for the mission, and the people/ places Heavenly Father has prepared for her-- recognizing and being grateful for His hand in all things. Positivity, peace, and love for each other and those we teach and serve. Faith in our goals and diligence. Most importantly that charity and joy and sacredness of our calling! What a joy it is to serve and be a representative of Christ. 


I always gain insight at the temple. And it is so peaceful. Thankful. (Went today !)

Mormon 5 and 6: 15-21
Words cannot explain or describe the feeling in my heart. And how powerful, how much I FELT that. Like I was experiencing it myself; and then as I imagined myself to stand before Jesus Christ at that day of judgement. The desire to live well and follow Him and have a pure heart, with light and righteousness and joy in all that I do (to have become that and to have changed my nature to become more like Him. Comfortable and full of joy in His presence Moroni 7:48). To be excited and full of love for Him in my heart and for all around me. Not to escape His presence or feel uncomfortable. I have nothing to hide! To look Him in His eyes with confidence and gladness and joy and exclamation. To finally see Him. To be ready and prepared and pure in heart. I love Him, and am so thankful for His WAY. His saving grace and atonement. Thank you for this beautiful, Redeeming plan, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I say this in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen. 

Sister A Wilcox 
韋姐妹

Me and my companion


Going to the temple--views from the commuter train, NYC street, street view of temple




No comments:

Post a Comment