Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 28

Funny
In a Gospel video in Cantonese, Jesus says, "Lazarus, cheutlaihaa" to bring Lazarus out of the tomb. It sounds like he is summoning a pokemon or something.

General
I tried yahsei meih (24 hour flavor) which is a super cultural experience. Some ancient Chinese practice that is a weird hot drink that cleans out your system. I was scared at first, but it wasn't bad!

We had a Relief Society activity and made little keychains with flowers in them but I will use mine as a Christmas tree ornament to remember Tuen Mun! Today we will be doing Dim Sum with a Sister Missionary who is leaving on Thursday (Sister Allison from the previous transfer in our apartment).

Our investigator AJ is super cool. She is applying to a fashion institute scholarship. Her portfolio is amazing. I can't send the pictures because I don't want to put her work online but she is really artistic. I want to go to Mongkok where she buys some super pehng (cheap) but amazing clothing. I still have so many things on my bucket list (Sai Kung, Big Buddha, Mongkok, Kadoorie Farm, a modern art museum (can someone look up good ones in Hong Kong please?), Stanley, Ocean Park, see a monk, and go back to Tai Ou to see Pink Dolphins). Though I haven't heard of some of the places you mention, grandpa, the light show, Victoria Peak or Lantau, I'll have to ask about those.

It is interesting... I am learning so much about my future plans and goals. And about myself. There is no way in the world I would ever take back going on this mission. It is life changing. I am improving and learning about myself and my life and goals and becoming so much better than I ever thought I could be. Overcoming so many weaknesses and learning to love life and live it to the fullest. It is really great.

Congratulations to Summer and her scholarships!!! She is amazing; I love her so much and can't wait to be her roomie next year. Email me, Summer. Please and thanks.

Spiritual/ General
Great week. I have learned a lot from all of the physical weaknesses we have been facing this transfer. I have learned the importance of hard work and dependability and obedience (which also lead to health and happiness). I have learned a lot about myself and my goals for the future, which all are shaped through how thankful I am for the Gospel (living in such a way that brings good moral standards, importance of family, high achieving, always becoming like Jesus Christ).

I am kind of hoping I will stay in Tuen Mun next transfer (tomorrow is when they notify us of the Thursday transfers), because I have noticed so many things that need to get done, and have come up with ideas for solutions. The member book and area book were so empty when I first got here, and so we have continuously been working on getting it more updated and relevant and helpful to missionaries. I have successfully gotten pictures of many of the members and investigators and written relevant information, so that each new missionary in the area will not be starting from scratch. However, there is still so much that needs to get done! I have it all planned out. I also have some new finding methods I am excited to try out, and we have many potential investigators/ referrals that need to be reached out to. Tuen Mun is so exciting. So many good people. So many lovely places. And it is so beautiful. I am so blessed to have been serving in this area. I love it so much.

We have implemented a new plan to improve our English Class. The district now meets beforehand to discuss what is being taught and depending on the people attending, we divide into two groups (advanced/intermediate and beginning) and focus on their individual needs. It was actually really amazing. We plan on doing a district find before the class every week as well, once the plan gets more situated. The beginning class ended up really being able to focus on the people who needed help, while the advanced class split into discussion groups and read a short story. We were able to explain hard words/ grammar structures, and then discussed the story afterwards (which had a Gospel principle). It was amazing because all the investigators began to share insight/ testimonies and we all were so uplifted and enlightened while teaching English at the same time. It was a cool experience and everyone who attended really loved it. I am so excited for next week's class. A referral that our Less Active Irene gave attended English Class and is now meeting with the Elders.

We put up the pictures from Yan's baptism and a missionary picture with our number on the bulletin. We have been more thoroughly committing our investigators (specific... ie AJ is reading the Book of Mormon every night) and really been able to testify of how it has blessed our lives... It is like relating something to a friend or member. Logic-- "When I read the Book of Mormon daily, it is like my strength for that day (TG Awake). It fills the feeling of emptiness; adds light and happiness that would otherwise not be there." etc. It is something so true and is such a miracle. Why not be honest about it?

Sister Villasin made the Relief Society a mango float to share. I am so inspired by her willingness to serve and give so lovingly to all those around her. She is always thinking of what more she can do to uplift another's life. So great :) I hope that she will gain health, but I know that Heavenly Father never gives us trials we cannot handle. He gives us things that will allow us to grow. I know the hardest battles are given to Heaven's strongest warriors. That's also why it's so important to pray for the Prophet and apostles and the mission president. Prayers to all of you :)

Sister Wilcox

Shoppingggg!! What else should sisters possibly do on PDay? Play basketball? We aren't elders, you know!

This is a cute little brown fluffy poodle (picture doesnt do it justice) (my future doggy)
Yuen Long bound for meds
interesting fruit
Exchanges + yahsei meih
A school
Relief Society activity
We learned how to make Tasiubau and tongyuhn with members

No comments:

Post a Comment