Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Part 2: Week 4-Your Family Forever!!

More New York Miracles

We were able to go inside the Manhattan Temple last Preparation Day. It was beautiful. And spiritual and peaceful. Always remember Jesus Christ. He is so aware of each individual and has so much love for us. The Manhattan Temple will always remind me of that; it will always be special to me.

We had a family history focus day with people on the street. I was on splits with Sister Kratz. Our goal was to receive 5 numbers for people who were interested in family history. As the hour or so had passed and we were all packing up to leave, we realized we had only received 4 numbers after diligently talking to all walking past or around us in the park. Someone then came up to us in the last minute and asked us for all the information and to give us their contact information. Heavenly Father helps us to obtain our goals.

Family History is awesome. What a great opportunity to get to know our ancestors. I encourage you to reach out to know how/ to do genealogy work. I'm excited to do more when I get back!

Our doorman saw one of the sisters with a Book of Mormon in her hand. Now he is reading it every time we pass him by. He is always asking us questions about the people and the stories and the meanings. He is intrigued and sincerely reading on his own time! He said this morning "I don't like his brother. I don't want to be like him." We realized he was talking about Laman and Lemuel. Every time we pass, he brings up the Book of Mormon. It is awesome to witness.

We brought Helen to the Mandarin speaking ward and she made a friend who also came from China! She is excited to start going to church often again!

Daisy Liu. We met her on a subway on a split and got her number. She was moving to FL and wanted to go to our church there; she was really interested! She is staying here for a while because of hurricane season. They met with her on 09.20 Wednesday and she now has a baptism date for October 15. She loves church and the members there.

There are simple, small miracles every day, everywhere around us. What a blessing a Mission is to help us more fully recognize His hand in our lives.

President Smith is an awesome leader, and truly loves his own little investigators (his kids)! I told him this in an interview and he said, "I desire their eternal salvation." Beautiful. Doesn't that really help us see family in an eternal perspective? I appreciate his example. I appreciate his wife and children. They serve their calling so fully.

To all those who have made it thus far: I will be returning to Hong Kong on October 17th! It feels like I've been in New York for forever. I will treasure the memories and the people I've met here. Excited for good things to come. Thank you to all you sweet people who take the time to read the emails and support the Lord's work! You are awesome.

Pray for the leaders of the church! I invite all of you to find a question to ponder and pray about for General Conference. I know that you will find the answers this weekend. We are so lucky for this opportunity to hear their words! Take advantage of it.

Mormon 9:17 God of Miracles. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He loves His children (us!) and has given us light and truth for our days. The book of Mormon is true; it testifies of Christ. There is a living prophet on the earth today. We are so infinitely indebted to Christ's grace and saving atonement, for the Gospel plan. We can return! We will return, and have become like Him.

Love you all,

Sister Wilcox

Me and my companions with mail Does it look like I love it in the mission field?

Using Genealogy to meet people. We had a Family History finding yesterday. We decorated the board with pictures of our ancestors. I'm so thankful with how much there is on family search of my Thompson and Powell ancestors. I really enjoyed going through and seeing my ancestors. I felt the spirit of Elijah. I desire to get to know them better. We used some of their pictures to decorate our board. Grandma and Grandpa Thompson, you are both on the board as well- as little young children! Enlarge the picture and see if you can find yourself and other relatives!
Sunday in the Mandarin speaking ward.
P-day fun with the missionaries
Brooklyn Bridge, Hayden Planetarium, pictures on Elizabeth Street in China Town

No comments:

Post a Comment